Taking care of our personal appearance is more than simply applying a good quality hair dye, its giving life to our face by wearing a great big smile, applying a good quality make up and a great attitude towards life. Enjoy every moment that Mother Nature gives us. Follow the simple steps listed below, to maintain beautiful hair while minimizing grey.
There are several things to consider, how you can make the color last longer:
Prepare Your Hair For coloring
• Also, when you have a large quantity of grey hair, it is recommended to choose a tint that is similar to your original colour.
• All hair swatches found in the colour chart are created using actual locks of total grey hair. The final result will depend on your actual hair colour and may differ from each head of hair.
• When you have more than 50% grey hair, your selection of colour to choose from is greater and it is easier obtain lighter shades.
• When you have less than 20% grey hair and your existing hair colour is dark it becomes more difficult to obtain a lighter shade. An enlightening kit may need to be used to obtain the desired lighter shade, for example, when trying to obtain a red or blond shade on a dark.
• Cleansing the hair before a colouring session is not necessary, unless your hair is particularly dirty, oily, or sticky, then you may need to shampoo before a tinting session, do not use a conditioner or other hair care products before applying the dye.
• Do not massage dye into a heavy lather, instead lightly massage or comb through.
• ALWAYS apply the dye on DRY hair.
• If it is your first session with SANOTINT hair dyes, always apply the dye thoroughly from the roots to tip.
• Always start from the grey areas.
• In cases where grey has grown back, start coverage from root of grey and let stand for 20 minutes then apply rest of the dye on the remaining length and tips for an additional 10 to 20 minutes.
• Length of session can influence the result of a dye. For example: The longer the dye is left on, the darker the shade will be. The reverse effect will occur with lighter nuances.